In this day and age, it can be hard to stay focused without the constant distraction of notifications from our phones. Apple’s brand-new Do Not Disturb mode is a great way to combat all the distractions. Do Not Disturb mode will block all incoming notifications, calls, and messages so that you can stay focused and productive. Here’s how to enable Do Not Disturb Mode on your iPhone.
What Is Do Not Disturb Mode?
Do Not Disturb mode is a feature of iPhones that allows users to switch their phones into silent mode, avoiding calls and notifications. This means the user will still receive any incoming messages or calls, but those alerts won’t pop up as an interruption on their screen. The user can choose when they want the mode enabled (e.g., during specific times of day or when using certain apps) and also set exceptions for certain contacts who are allowed to reach them even when Do Not Disturb mode is active.
How To Enable Do Not Disturb Mode on iPhone
Enabling Do Not Disturb Mode on your iPhone is easy! Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open your Settings app. You can find this in your home screen or by swiping down from the top of your screen.
- Once you’re in settings, scroll down until you see “Do Not Disturb” and then tap it.
- On the next page, toggle “Do Not Disturb” to turn it on (it should be green when it is enabled). This will turn off all incoming notifications, calls, and messages while you are working or studying.
- If you want certain people to be able to contact you even while in Do Not Disturb mode, select “Allow Calls From” and choose either “Everyone” or pick only certain contacts from your phonebook that you want to get through (this is a great option if there are some people who need access to you even when you have DND enabled).
- To make sure that DND remains enabled for a specific amount of time, select “Scheduled” and set the times for when DND should be active (for example, 8am – 6pm).
- Finally, don’t forget to hit “Done” at the top right corner of your screen! Congratulations – now your phone is in Do Not Disturb mode!
Do Not Disturb mode is an incredibly useful tool for iPhone users who find themselves frequently interrupted by notifications and calls while trying to concentrate on other tasks. By following the steps outlined above, anyone with an iPhone should be able to quickly set up this feature and reclaim some peace of mind whenever they need it most!