Having a cluttered contacts list can be an annoyance, but thankfully it is easy to delete contacts from your iPhone or iPad. This guide will walk you through the simple steps of deleting contacts on both devices.
Deleting Contacts on iPhone
The steps for deleting contacts on an iPhone vary depending on the version of iOS you are using. For iOS 13 and later:
- Open the Contacts app and tap “Groups” in the upper left corner.
- Select “All Contacts” then select the contact you want to delete.
- Tap the contact’s name at the top of their profile page, then click “Edit” in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down until you see “Delete Contact” and tap it to confirm that you would like to delete this contact from your phone.
For iOS 12 and earlier, follow these steps:
- Open the Contacts app and select the contact you want to delete by tapping it once.
- On the profile page, scroll all the way down until you see “Delete Contact” then tap it to confirm that you would like to delete this contact from your phone.
- Once deleted, they will no longer appear in your contacts list or any other related apps (like messages or mail).
Deleting Contacts on iPad The process for deleting a contact on an iPad is similar to that of an iPhone; however, there are some slight variations due to differences in screen size and operating system versions between iPhones and iPads:
- Open up Settings > Mail > Accounts > Fetch New Data
- Tap “On My iPad/iPhone”
- Tap “Contacts”
- Select “All Accounts”
- Select which account(s) contains the contact(s) you wish to delete
- Scroll through your list of contacts and select which ones should be deleted
- Once selected, hit delete
- Confirm that you wish to permanently delete these contacts by clicking Delete again
- You have now successfully cleared contacts off of your device!
Clearing out unused contacts can save space as well as help keep things tidy in your address book! With these simple steps, deleting unwanted contacts from either an iPhone or iPad can be done quickly and easily without much hassle at all! Whether it’s one contact or several that need clearing out, following these instructions makes sure nothing gets lost in transit! Tech-savvy users know how important it is to keep their device clean and organized – with these tips, now everyone can get their device back into shape in no time!